We haven’t even made it past Christmas but 2016 already looks like it’s off to a great start. We’re excited for a few new nightlife offerings, including Intrigue at Wynn and JEWEL at Aria. To keep you optimistic about the upcoming year, we’ve compiled a list of other 2016 things we’re looking forward to:
- SLS is prepared for some huge changes as LiFE nightclub takes a left turn into The Foundry Hall and all 289 rooms of the Lux Tower transforms into the W Las Vegas. Live Nation Entertainment, which also books acts at The House of Blues at Mandalay Bay, is in charge of the entertainment lineup for the new concert hall that’s taking over the space of the former LiFE nightclub. The plan is to keep the bars while adding screens to block sight-lines of the bars from the new stage. The booths, dance platforms and current seating plans are being removed to make room for a general admission standing room area. If you need a place to stay after watching your favorite artists perform at The Foundry Hall, the W Las Vegas will be open by September with its own hotel lobby, a dedicated entry and reception area as well as a W-branded spa, outdoor pool and bar area.
- Other 2016 openings we’re looking forward to include the brand new Las Vegas Arena. With 50 suites and over 24 private loge boxes, two dedicated VIP entrances, premium balconies and a two-acre outdoor plaza with stages for live acts, MGM’s upcoming stadium is a luxurious entertainment destination fit for the gods. Considering the fact that Las Vegas hasn’t broken ground on a new arena or major stadium in over three decades, this is a huge deal for Sin City. The arena is opening with some big names already scheduled for upcoming events, including George Strait, Janet Jackson and Garth Brooks. UFC 200 will be the first sporting event at the arena, taking place on July 2, 2016.
- Speaking of huge names, Jennifer Lopez is bringing her curves to Las Vegas for her 2016 residency on the AXIS Theater stage at Planet Hollywood. The singer is scheduled to perform 20 two-hour shows, beginning on Jan. 20, 2016. J.Lo is prepared to blow her fans away with a concert experience that is impossible to deliver while on tour.
- Pasquale Rotella is getting ready for another “bigger than ever” EDC in 2016. Although he always seems to shoot for bigger and better festivals, next year’s EDC is extremely special because Insomniac will be celebrating 20 years of the world-renowned electronic music festival.
- Beer Garden by Budweiser at Paris Las Vegas is opening in early 2016. Chateau’s former rooftop is being turned into a beer park with a rooftop bar and grill. Due to its central location on South Las Vegas Blvd., the deck is the perfect place to grab a drink while being able to enjoy stunning views of the Strip. The Beer Garden will offer more than 100 draft, can and bottles of beer with 36 beers on tap. Because you might work up an appetite while downing all that brew, the grill will serve American dishes and food from “roaming carts serving concession-style offerings.” In true park-style, there will be picnic tables to watch sports and a grass lawn featuring classic bar games, such as pool, bean bag toss and darts. With a retractable awning for the summer and heaters during the winter, you won’t have to worry about being exposed to the extreme Las Vegas weather during your time here. This place sounds like so much fun, it might turn into our new favorite hangout spot!
- IKEA. Summer 2016. That is all.
There’s so many awesome things happening next year! But you’ll need something to keep you busy in the meantime. Click here to stay updated on all the latest events and gain easy VIP access to the hottest nightclubs in the city!